12 Jul 2011

Snap Shots: Jennifer Hudson for the Daily Mail

Jennifer Hudson recently sat down with Daily Mail to dish out everything from her weight loss, being an inspiration and her career. 

Would you agree that the odds are against plus-size women in the entertainment industry?
No, because I was doing OK before. But the truth is, so many more opportunities open up when you’re on the other side, as I am now. I’d no idea what I was missing out on. It’s like a whole other world. Suddenly every designer wants to dress you. It’s like, “You look amazing! Please, choose a dress. Have a bag. And what about shoes?” I mean, wow!

Is all the flattery, not to mention the freebies, hard to resist?
My look is led by what I feel good in. If I’m not comfortable in something, I won’t wear it – no matter whose name is on the label.
To be able to sing at this level is a blessing in itself, and I got publicity for what I was doing before I dieted. But never to this extent. Now, whenever I open a magazine, I seem to see myself there. And I get to dress up every day and have someone take photos of it all. For someone who loves fashion, it’s like living the dream. Of course there are those mornings when I think, “Please don’t look at me right now!” But you just have to pull yourself together, get out there and do your job. I mean, how lucky am I to be in this position?

On being an inspiration to others
I’ve never heard the word “inspiration” as often as I have this past year. I get stopped in the street, in airports, everywhere, by people saying, “You’re my inspiration,” and I don’t begin to know how to respond. What did I do to deserve it and what do I say? Like with the weight loss… I’d no idea so many people were watching me or that they cared.

On her fearless, go-getting attitude being the reason behind her career
Don’t block your blessings. Don’t let doubt stop you from getting where you want to be.” Those were the lessons that I took from American Idol. “OK, from now on I refuse to let anyone interrupt the vision I have for myself.” Sometimes I think we hurt ourselves by being too aware of the challenges. It can be better not to know. With Dream girls, I had absolutely no idea what I was letting myself in for until I was out there on the set.

via. Necole Bitchie

XoXo Patrice

1 comment:

  1. OH MY JESUS!!! when did J-HUD get this small?? Where have I been?? I think I need to borrow her trainer!! LOL

    http://mizzentice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...